Official Site for
the 2017 NOVA Battle of the Bands
Presented by the SLHS Band Boosters
Get Your Tickets Now!
Tickets for the 2017 NOVA Battle of the Bands are available at the door. Admission is $12 per person.
Thanks to Sponsors and Donors!
Thanks to all of our awesome sponsors and raffle donors for supporting the arts and for making this event possible!
Want to become a sponsor to show your support of young musicians? Email NOVABandBattle@gmail.com for more information.
Bring On The Music!
The finalists have been selected are are ready to play their hearts out on stage! Check out the competition in advance, then come out to see them live.
Each band will play for 15 minutes. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded after the last band leaves the stage.
When: February 26th, 2017 (Doors Open at 4:00)
Where: Ned Devine's in Herndon.
This event is a fundraiser for the South Lakes High School Band Boosters. Proceeds will be used to support the SLHS Band program.
Questions can be sent to NOVABandBattle@gmail.com.
1. Age Limit - Each band member must be 18 years old or younger
2. All applications must be received by midnight on Friday, January 20th, 2017. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SUNDAY JANUARY 22nd, 2017 at 9pm.
3. Band must be available to play on Sunday, February 26th between 4 pm and 9 pm at Ned Devine’s, 2465 Centreville Rd, Herndon, VA 20171.
4. Performance must be suitable for a family audience; bands’ names and lyrics must be free of obscenities.
5. Finalists must submit a copy of lyrics to songs to be performed and a completed registration form.
6. All band members must be listed on the registration form. For musicians under 18 years of age, parent or guardian permission to play will be required.
7. Band must be unsigned.
8. Band members may only enter and play with one band.
9. If chosen to perform at the Battle of the Bands, bands will have 15 minutes to play and must include at least one original song. Total playing time must not exceed 15 minutes. Any band running over their allotted time may be deducted points.
10. Band members must be dressed in clothing free from obscenities or references to drugs, sex, or alcohol.
11. In order to keep everyone safe, bands who encourage moshing or any other potentially dangerous acts will be disqualified. Additionally, fires, pyrotechnics, fog machines, etc. are not allowed.
12. Bands must supply their instruments including symbols (PA system, amps, mics, monitors, and basic drum kit will be provided).
13. Band members are responsible for the security of their equipment. The SLHS Band Boosters will not be held responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen equipment.
14. The SLHS Band Boosters reserves the right to make any necessary changes to contest rules and have the final word in any disputes that arise.
15. All bands agree to have their name, voice, and/or likenesses used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use.
16. A performance schedule will be provided once finalists are announced. Band must check in at least 30 minutes prior to their performance time. Bands that miss their check-in time will be disqualified.
17. The Battle of the Bands will be judged by a mixed panel of music professionals. Bands will be judged on sound, musicianship, stage presence and originality.
18. Cash Prizes will be given out the night of the event.