South Lakes Band Boosters
South Lakes High School, Reston VA
South Lakes is a 2014-2015 Virginia Honor Band!
Congratulations to our South Lakes band students on earning Virginia Honor Band for the 2014-2015 school year. This is the highest honor bestowed by the Virginia Band & Orchestra Director's Association, and acknowledges superior band programs in the state of Virginia. This is the second consecutive year that South Lakes has earned this prestigious honor.
Congratulations 2015 All State & All District Band Honorees
Congratulations to Samantha Gifford (Senior, Trombone) and Max Onozuka (Junior, Clarinet) on being selected to Virginia All State Band! Sam and Max were selected based on auditions held at JMU in February. They traveled to CNU in Newport News in April to represent South Lakes at the All State Band Event.
Congratulations to our South Lakes HS band members who earned All District Band Honors for Virginia Band & Orchestra Directors Association (VBODA) District 12. Places in the All District Bands were awarded to the following students based on competitive audition:
• David Clark (Junior, Alto Saxophone)
• Kat Edmiston (Junior, Bass Clarinet)
• Samantha Gifford (Senior, Trombone)
• Maddi Nicol (Sophomore, Contra Bass Clarinet)
• Mason Moy (Sophomore, Tuba)
• Max Onozuka (Junior, Clarinet)
• Gary Quaresima (Sophomore, French Horn)
Jacob Loehr (Senior, Trumpet) earned an alternate position.
The South Lakes representatives joined students from public and private high schools in Arlington and Fairfax Counties for the All District Band event at Chantilly High School on February 5th though 7th.
Supporting the Seahawk Bands This Summer
School may be out as of June 20th, but the South Lakes band program marches on! The band boosters will be hard at work through the summer months preparing for marching band, which starts in mid-August, and raising the funds needed to get our band program going at the start of the school year. How can you help?
1. Make a donation. We accept donations all year long:
2. Shop online using our Amazon link. Buy sunscreen, a new bathing suit, a suitcase for your upcoming vacation, or even your books for summer reading or back-to-school. Simply click the link on the right side of this page and a portion of your purchase will be donated to the band boosters (at no additional cost to you).
3. Register and use your Safeway and Harris Teeter cards - click on the Marketplace link on the right side of this page for details.
4. Consider becoming a corporate sponsor. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our sponsorship program that benefits your business and our band students.
5. Follow us on social media for information on our band students & program, booster activities, music in our schools, and more. Links are below.
Your support truly makes a difference for our students! Thank you!
South Lakes Band Now on Facebook and Twitter
Band Parent/Student Link
Please Support Us!
Make a tax deductible donation!Click below to support SLHS Bands while shopping at Amazon.com!
Or visit the marketplace for more ways to help!
Please Support our Sponsors!
Click on the image below for information on our generous sponsors
Music Education - So Much More Than the Notes on the Page!
Why do marching band (or band, in general)? Here is one writer's perspective that is definitely worth a read:
Volunteer/Report Volunteer Hours
SLHS Bands in the News!
Click on Calendar on the menu above for a complete schedule of band events.
Band news is now emailed directly using the Charms system. Band parents/students can log into Charms using the link at the top of this page and refer to the News for a list of recent messages.