Congratulations to Samantha Gifford (Senior, Trombone) and Max Onozuka (Junior, Clarinet) on being selected to Virginia All State Band! Sam and Max were selected based on auditions held at JMU in February. They traveled to CNU in Newport News in April to represent South Lakes at the All State Band Event.
Congratulations to our South Lakes HS band members who earned All District Band Honors for Virginia Band & Orchestra Directors Association (VBODA) District 12. Places in the All District Bands were awarded to the following students based on competitive audition:
• David Clark (Junior, Alto Saxophone)
• Kat Edmiston (Junior, Bass Clarinet)
• Samantha Gifford (Senior, Trombone)
• Maddi Nicol (Sophomore, Contra Bass Clarinet)
• Mason Moy (Sophomore, Tuba)
• Max Onozuka (Junior, Clarinet)
• Gary Quaresima (Sophomore, French Horn)
• Jacob Loehr (Senior, Trumpet) (alternate)
The South Lakes representatives joined students from public and private high schools in Arlington and Fairfax Counties for the All District Band event at Chantilly High School on February 5th though 7th.